noun | ex-po-nent | /ikˈspōnənt,ˈekspōnənt/
- A person who believes in and promotes the truth or benefits of an idea or theory.
(e.g. I am an exponent of the concept that a future of abundance, self-determination, and peace is preferable to a future of the opposite)
- A quantity representing the power to which a given number or expression is to be raised, usually expressed as a raised symbol beside the number or expression.
(e.g. xn, youexponents)
In a nutshell, I help founders and leadership teams of companies with disruptive or transformative potential develop absolute clarity on the best possible go-to-market strategy for their products, markets, and stages of growth.
I do this by becoming (yes), your exponent–in both definitions of the word.
Depending on your own products, team, target market, and stage of growth, this could mean a wide variety of different things. So here are some high-level details about what I offer:
Creating a well-designed story-driven strategy requires developed rock-solid answers to every important “why” “what” “who” and “how” question about your startup.
To beat the odds and build products that catch on and a company that stays independent and lasts, you must have clear, compelling, and convincing answers for every single one of those questions….and you must keep making them better all the time.
Over the last four years, I’ve developed Story-Driven Strategy Framework to help founders, product people, marketers, and salespeople accelerate their growth QUICKLY, uncover their strategic blindspots, and dramatically reduce their risk.
And now, I offer both online and in-person workshops to teach this Framework to people and teams who will benefit substantially from it.
If you’d like to learn more about these workshops, the first step is to apply for a free 45-minute “Strategic Clarity And Sustainable Growth” consultation:
This free consultation offers you a zero-risk path to discovering:
- Where your current go-to-market strategy and execution are creating the most risk and/or leaving the most value on the table.
- A handful of near- medium-, and long-term adjustments you might make to recapture that value.
- The upsides and downsides of each option (including staying the course).
- Where (if anywhere) friction and tension exists on your leadership team.
- How to eliminate the damaging kinds of friction while maintaining (even enhancing) the useful, productive, creative kind.
- If and how I can add even more value
- And whether or not we like working together.
This is my basic offer for clients who prefer 1:1 customized attention over a group setting. Here, you get:
- 60 minutes, twice a month of my 100% undivided attention on your biggest strategic roadblocks, or whatever major growth, marketing, sales, or product prioritization challenges you need to solve.
- 48 hours beforehand, I send you a questionnaire about the problems, challenges, and opportunities you’d like to address when we meet.
- Then, for 60 zero-fluff minutes, we get to work addressing them.
Helping you address your challenges and opportunities could involve anything from my high-level strategic guidance to rolling up our sleeves and doing a bunch of hands-on work.
Examples things we focus on during a call:
- Developing and refining your core strategy, including your positioning, story, messaging, proof points, offers, and pricing.
- Articulating in clear, concise language the biggest unsolved problems, unmet needs, and unfulfilled desires your ideal customers face.
- Planning your calendar for the next 90 days of content (finding the right topics and keywords to target, identifying your ideal content promoters, and figuring out what it will take to get these influencers to share and/or link to your content.
- Diagramming a new personalized marketing funnel that adapts to each type of buyer or customer’s needs and speaks to them in precise, compelling, and persuasive terms.
- Improving the copy (headlines, feature descriptions, overall message) of any page on your website.
- And so on.
And after every call, I send you the recording.
Interested in the 1:1 Starter Package? The first step is to apply for a free 45-minute “Strategic Clarity And Sustainable Growth” consultation.
1:1 Go-To-Market Strategy Consulting – VIP Package:
The extra-insights + access package contains everything from the starter package, but includes 4 60-minute sessions per month instead of one.
It also includes unlimited email access to me via my “preferred clients-only” email address.
Emails to my VIP clients address get prioritized over all other business email. More specifically, I respond to every email you send ASAP, which (unless of some emergency or otherwise specified by me in advance) means within 2 hours during the workday.
Sometimes, I’ll respond with an in-depth, actionable written letter. Other times, I’ll record a video message. Frequently, I’ll do both.
Interested In The 1:1 VIP Package? The first step is to apply for your free 45-minute “Strategic Clarity And Sustainable Growth” consultation.
This is my full-service offering.
Here, instead of guiding you and your team around the biggest strategic obstacles and towards the biggest opportunities in front of you, I roll up my sleeves and navigate them for you.
That could mean a lot of things.
If you’re interested in a full service package, the first step is to apply for your free 45-minute “Strategic Clarity And Sustainable Growth” consultation.